[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

The answer, Jason, is "no"

Posted By: phil simborg
Date: Wednesday, 12 March 2014, at 9:52 p.m.

In Response To: The answer, Jason, is "no" (Bob Koca)

Yes, but in golf, good sportsmanship rules. If a player accidently grounds his club or touches the ball he calls it on himself. If he moves his opponent's ball he calls it on himself.

I think golf is an excellent example. I believe the rules should be followed, but it can be done with grace if we have rules and an attitude that encourages this.

I think the backgammon rules should be followed also. I don't think players should be allowed, or forced to decide whether to be nice or not, as the current rules do. I think we should have rules that set the bar so that we are expected to be nice. That doesn't mean I'm going to let you correct a stupid move or take back a bad cube. It means I will let you correct an illegal move, or take back what should be a dead cube. It means if I see you forget to hit the clock, I will tell you. If you get the score wrong, I will tell you.

But if the rules say you have a 5 minute break and you take 15, I expect a penalty point because you have abused the rules.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.