[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Leave PJT alone

Posted By: misja
Date: Tuesday, 1 December 2009, at 8:30 a.m.

In Response To: Leave PJT alone (Phil Simborg)

To me your advise sounds too much like surrender. I don't like to do that because I think playing online has too many advantages that I don't want to give up. I have a family and a dayjob so there are many days that I only have half an hour to play or so. Playing online is the only option then, and playing for free doesn't give me any thrill.

Besides that there has also been some evidence of cheating in live tournaments.
So I think a better advise is to be really careful, always analyze your matches to detect suspiciously low error rates, don't play for too high stakes and don't play on sites like P65 because they might not even let you cash out your money (see some old posts on this forum).

I have been doing that for years now and have even been able to make a modest profit with it.

But it would be even better if backgammon players would unite and together would put some real pressure on sites to take measures to ban bots, to be open and transparent to their customers to show what kind of measures they take, which players were banned etc.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.