[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

I think I saw a unicorn..mythical triple bye at NY Metro

Posted By: Matt Cohn-Geier
Date: Tuesday, 14 January 2014, at 3:56 a.m.

In Response To: I think I saw a unicorn..mythical triple bye at NY Metro (Bill Riles)

Unfortunately, those who choose not to participate in the Last Chance also do a selfish disservice to the person who bought them in the Calcutta and to those who may have bought back into the Calcutta 'team'. I know one player in the Championship division at the NYC Metro forfeited after losing his first match. This is grossly unfair and inconsiderate to fellow players.

I don't agree with this at all. I don't believe my ethical obligations are altered in any way by others making side bets on me without my input or consent.

It isn't "inconsiderate" or "selfish" of football teams to run the clock out instead of trying to cover the point spread. Players should do what they believe is right for themselves, and Calcutta bidders should take players' plans and previous actions into account when bidding.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.