[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

It was really bye - forfeit - forfeit.

Posted By: sita
Date: Wednesday, 15 January 2014, at 7:55 p.m.

In Response To: It was really bye - forfeit - forfeit. (Bob Koca)

I think you are overrating the giants by assuming that one never loses except to another giant when saying there is nearly 50% chance that one will play the other in a random draw before the finals

I didn't overrate the giants, I just simplified my argument. It is a bit hard to formulate the argument correctly. You could do it e.g. by giving the giants some higher probabilty of winning. Say, gigant vs gigant is 50%, intermediate vs intermedite is also always 50%, and giant vs. intermediate is 70%. If you sit down, and do the math for this scenario, you will find that the giants have a higher probabilty of winning the tournament when seeded, compared to a scenario where they are not seeded.

Of course, this is still simplified for the sake of the argument. Still, when you seed the best players, you will increase their winning chances. Simply because other players can face giants in every round, but giants can face themselves earliest in the final. If this is really of interest, I could do the math for a small tournament of 4 players, and post it here.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.