[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

An "equally likely result" is not the same as an "equally worthy accomplishment"

Posted By: Taper_Mike
Date: Tuesday, 31 March 2015, at 7:20 a.m.

In Response To: An "equally likely result" is not the same as an "equally worthy accomplishment" (Taper_Mike)

The numbers in my hypothetical example were taken from the Golden Gate Open a couple of years ago. According to Bill Calton, he had to do better than Chiva required back then.

Bill was 7-1 against a 5-0 David Rockwell when they entered the finals. If I have that right, then Bill was 8-1 against a 5-1 David when they sat down for the second, deciding match. To win it all, Bill needed to go 9-1. Had David won, his record would have been 6-1. Thus, the player coming from the Fighters Bracket was required to win 150% as many matches as the player coming through the Main Flight.

For what little it may be worth, it is my opinion that that rewards the player in the Main Flight too much.

Mike

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.