[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Some thoughts

Posted By: Keene
Date: Friday, 24 May 2013, at 3:54 p.m.

In Response To: Congrats to the finalists and some thoughts (Phil Simborg)

Reading this with interest. I dont think I have an opinion about how many places should be paid out. After all, this event is a 'Giants Invitational'. I wouldnt say that the primary incentive for entering is the possible cash prizes, I think its more a combination of 'better cash prizes' and the prestige of competing with the very highest caliber players.

Of course, I'm not a Giant yet (give me time), so the question of whether I would have entered or not is theoretical at this point, however, I would have chosen based on several factors.

In hedging terms, personally, at the money rounds, I like to hedge the entry fee. I dont care who my opponent is, and I wont be offended if you say no. The reason I like that amount is mostly because in that event if I have already won back my entry, then everything else is gravy - its an entirely personal thing. I would have incurred all the other expenses anyway (getting there, hotels etc). Unless its Phil, in which case, I will need some odds stacked in my favor :)

I think some of Phil's arguments have merit, and I think that a partial implementation would yield positive results, but lets not devalue the event too much. i.e. if a Masters event is the same price to enter as the championship, then why not enter that too? Well, then its not a 'Masters' is it. Its another side event that happens to be one of the more expensive ones. Dont devalue the prestige.

Keene

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.