[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Proposed Ranking System -Update

Posted By: Ken Larsen
Date: Monday, 2 December 2013, at 10:31 a.m.

In Response To: Proposed Ranking System -Update (Seth)

Seth,

Over the past five years Falafel hasn't entered many U.S. tournaments and hasn't had much success in the ones he's entered. There's nothing I can do in my algorithms to catapult him to the top of the rankings. The only way is to jettison what I've done and replace it with a vote. Oh yes, that would be the Giants vote.

Rod Covlin, on the other hand, has had phenomenal success in 2013. There's nothing I can do in my algorithms to keep him from being near the top ... unless I likewise replace it with a vote.

Another interesting data point: U.S. citizen Nack Ballard, Giant # 14, hasn't played in a single ABT event in the last five years. However, he's on the current Giants ballot. In my opinion, if you're not active and productive in current tournaments, you don't belong near the top of any national or international rating.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.