[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Ruling

Posted By: Stick
Date: Tuesday, 1 November 2011, at 9:55 a.m.

This is taken from the latest and soon to be out of print Chicago Point. For those of you unfamiliar with it letters are written in and Danny Kleinman answers. Make sure to read the entire thing as what I'm asking about is not exactly the letter.

Letter:

A match is proceeding with a clock in a close bearoff. It's White's turn. She touches the cube (she doesn't lift it), says "I double," and then hits the clock. Black says "Take it," and reaches for the clock. As soon as he touches the clock, White rolls 66.

Black freaks out. He says "I said 'take it.' YOU take the point. I was in the process of centering the buttons when you rolled.

My question assumes the ruling is that the cube must be taken. Does the roll stand? Since someone I'm sure will ask for clarification I will say now that the player's time who rolled the 66 is not running. The player who announced 'Take it' has touched the clock but not punched it. (and by touched I don't mean it is centered either)

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.