[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

A difference in the rules--what's your take

Posted By: Daniel Murphy
Date: Tuesday, 25 March 2014, at 5:21 p.m.

In Response To: A difference in the rules--what's your take (phil simborg)

Which rules would I prefer?

(1) The move stands, if legal. Moving dice without notice after a legal play has been made means the move is over.

(2) DEAD CUBE. The cube is dead (a) when the player on roll will win the match by winning a single game (gammon and backgammon bonuses not counting) at the current cube value; (b) in the Crawford Game.

(3) Placing one's own checker(s) on the bar is an impossible move. Both players are obligated to note and correct impermissible moves. A subsequent roll does not terminate this obligation.

(4) The move was illegal. Both players are obligated to note and correct illegal moves.

(5) The move was legal, so it stands; the checker is not on the bar. I dispute your description. One indicates that a checker has been "clearly hit" by placing it on the bar, not by tapping points without picking any checkers up.

(6) "Reaching for" a cube without touching it is not a double.

(7) If my opponent presumes to interrupt my turn to announce that he will take if doubled, then yes, he must take if I double.

(8) If my opponent prefers that I make my move or cube decision before taking a picture, than that is what I should do.

(9) If my opponent claims that he cannot wait until the end of the game for his emergency bathroom break, I'm not inclined to wait for him to prove it.

(10) Either both players use a baffle box, or neither uses it, per the players' agreement or director's decision.

(11) In the circumstances you describe, opponent may not suddenly call "fast roll." It's hard to imagine that this would be anything but a very cheap shot.

(12) If I were sitting close enough to see the score sheets, I would speak up, so I guess you can too.

(13) Same as (12).

(14) Dice are cocked when both players acknowledge that they are cocked. I think an appropriate penalty would be for the player not on turn to choose any roll he likes for the offending player to play.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.