[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Side Pools--New Ideas

Posted By: Jason Lee
Date: Tuesday, 28 January 2014, at 5:06 p.m.

In Response To: Side Pools--New Ideas (Bill Phipps)

Bill Phipps: Anyone who thinks it is unfair that they are getting outplayed in the open section should strongly consider going back to Intermediate.

I do think I'm starting to get outplayed in the open section. The quality of play in backgammon tournaments has gone up. The number of world class players has gone up, and the number of duffers has gone down. It has become increasingly difficult for me -- my game is somewhat stagnant, and many people are flying right past me. I don't think that's unfair -- it just sucks for me. It has to be a good thing for backgammon.

As far as going back to Intermediate -- I can't. No tournament director would or should let me play Intermediate. So I'm in this limbo where I'm too good to play Intermediate, but becoming increasingly marginalized in the Open. So, I played one tournament in January, and that might be it for the year.

If it sounds like I'm complaining that I'm not good enough, well, I am, but that's my fault. I don't have the time (and in some cases the money) to devote to backgammon, and am only so naturally skilled at the game. I'm not asking for the world to stop playing such good backgammon -- I'm just asking people to stop trying to make things even MORE difficult for me.

JLee

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.