[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

It's not about me

Posted By: Dmitriy Obukhov
Date: Wednesday, 29 January 2014, at 4:31 a.m.

In Response To: It's not about me (phil simborg)

What about players who might not come at all to tournaments because they fell they have so little chance of cashing but might come if they can see a little better chance of getting some bang for their buck?

I can't imagine more people would play in a tourney just because there is a different side pool system.

And again, unless this takes money out of the main pool, it doesn't hurt the top players at all.

Well, it does take money out of the main pool. Some people who otherwise don't mind putting their money in the main side pool, will now put their money into new side pools instead.

Now, in the short run, I really think it could make a couple of people not get into the main pool if they could get into a non-giants-only pool...but I think that number is small and in time, and overall, the Giants will make much more simply because there will be more people in the tournament.

I don't think so. I think number of people not getting into main side pool will be noticeable, and number of new entrants due to change in side pool system very small.

But people also don't like being taken...they like a decent chance to get something back in return for competing. A side pool for the second tier players helps do that.

There is always someone being taken. With a new system lesser players in the newly created pools are still being taken. Right? If you feel that new system is "right", perhaps one day those lesser players will feel like they are being taken by strong non Giants in the new side pools. Perhaps one day they will also want to split? And then again?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.