[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

CT tournament review - brief

Posted By: mamabear
Date: Monday, 28 October 2013, at 4:01 p.m.

In Response To: CT tournament review - brief (Bob Koca)

We three semifinalists worked out a small hedge among ourselves, but it could be formalized in some way if people prefer. There could at least be a small default amount going from the winner's purse (what we did) or have some come from both the winner and the losing finalist, whatever, to the person who gets the non-bye and loses. This would also leave room for the players to make larger arrangements if they wish, but would solve the problem of a person who draws a card badly winding up with nothing at all.

We would no doubt have made a larger hedge, expanding it to include the main finalist also, except that if it's not done carefully, the loser going into the progressive Conso could conceivably go on to win more than the main finalist. This can all be mathed in advance, or not; but since there was a redraw, I don't think there would be anything totally unfair about there being no compensation. I'm OK with what we did, but I'm OK with other reasonable arrangements also.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.