[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

CT tournament review - brief

Posted By: mamabear
Date: Monday, 28 October 2013, at 1:01 p.m.

In Response To: CT tournament review - brief (Michael Petch)

It was handled by all three semifinalists drawing cards for who would get the bye. The three of us had a small hedge so that the person who got a non-bye and then lost the semifinal match would still get something. It wasn't much, because that person was then dropped into the progressive Consolation, and so had another chance to run through a short maze to where some more cheese was hiding.

I was the person who drew a non-bye, then lost (to Herb Gurland). I got the hedge, went to the Consolation, and won one match there to get to the Conso finals. There I lost to Bill Robertie, getting second place in the Conso.

I didn't find anything that strange about the 24-person bracket. The drawsheet was easy to read (thanks, Ross and staff, for writing the names large enough to be seen without a magnifying glass!) And while I am here, I will add that another thing that kept things running on time and avoided congestion around the drawsheets, was that Ross elected not to have an auction. I hope other directors will do likewise let that poor, limping dinosaur pass peacefully into extinction.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.