[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Ft lauderdale masters - same issue

Posted By: Jason Lee
Date: Tuesday, 29 October 2013, at 12:26 a.m.

In Response To: Ft lauderdale masters - same issue (Rod)

Rod: It could have been 3 first round matches an the winners playing a shorter round robin or something.

You're addressing a different issue, and I don't really disagree with this. What you really should say is that you want people who don't receive byes to be properly compensated, rather than draw randomly for it.

All I'm saying is that Bob's A & B are the same thing, not just in "math la la land" but in reality. In fact, I used the wrong term. I said they were equivalent. They're not just equivalent, they're IDENTICAL.

Bob's point is that if you realize they're identical, then why aren't people up in arms about first round byes? The difference can be seen in my envelope guise. The potential value of the coupon in the envelope doubles every time you win a match. You'd just rather force people to redeem their coupon up front.

JLee

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.