[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

This could have been much worse.

Posted By: mamabear
Date: Tuesday, 29 October 2013, at 11:08 a.m.

In Response To: WOW ..an uncompensated bye was given into the finals of an ABT event!! (neilkaz)

There were 22, not 24, in the event, and so when the redraw for the bye was made, it was possible that the person who drew the card for the bye might also have had a bye in the first round! This was not what happened, because Alex, Herb, and I all actually played first round opponents. (I could have told you that earlier except that I had a camera malfunction that I've now fixed, at least temporarily, so I was able to take another look at the drawsheet just now.)

The way the drawsheet was written, I was the one who had the bye originally, but losing it by pulling the wrong card was not unfair in my view because the "redraw" line was printed on the sheet right from the start. It could just as well have been one of the others in my spot. As long as the whole story is told up front, there will be fewer bad feelings than when it is not, and I appreciate that what would be done, was clear from the beginning. However, the possibility of a first-round bye then drawing a card to get a later bye in addition, seems to have been unforeseen, and for the future needs to be dealt with in advance.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.