[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Improved Cube Handling in Races

Posted By: JM2004
Date: Monday, 30 June 2014, at 4:43 a.m.

In Response To: Improved Cube Handling in Races (Axel Reichert)

Thanks for your response.

The size of my database may look small but if you consider the area of application it is sufficient. Just test the formula where it is meant to be used and you will see how accurate it is. (I am sure you did.)

1 pip EPC means about 4 % CPW. This is why i chose such a small area of application. I was searching for a highly specialized tool for use together with other highly specialized ones. This formula is for world class players with a talent in mental arithmetic. With an average error of more than 1 pip I wouldn't have even published my results.

Your article as you wrote it is highly deceptive as Igor Erovenko remarked (thanks btw). I want to describe this with an analogy. You buy a backgammon bot but instead you use it as a chess bot. Soon you start complaining how weak this chess bot is and offer the usage of your own chess bot.

From my point of yiew this is bad science and bad sportsmanship as well. Just be honest and the success will be yours. (I hope you didn't use more tricks.) Your work looks definitely promising.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.