[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Improved Cube Handling in Races

Posted By: sita
Date: Wednesday, 18 June 2014, at 5:53 p.m.

In Response To: Improved Cube Handling in Races (Axel Reichert)

Hi Axel,

thanks a lot for sharing this great work! Your approach seems very natural to me. Yet, nobody had this idea up to now.

I have one further remark, which I think was not made up to now in this thread: If I understand everything correct, you used the same set of positions (the 50,000 from fibs) for optimizing your parameters, as well as for evaluating your performance against the older approaches. This seems to me not strictly scientific, because even with so many positions there might be some kind of bias and/or overfitting. I think you should have used different positions for the evaluation.

It should be easy to come up with new positions. You could e.g. let gnubg play dmp matches against itself, and record all race positions. With a reasonable amount of computing power, you should get another set of 50,000 suited positions. I have (nearly) no doubt that Isight would still win. It might anyway be worth to verify this.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.