[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

+1 what Stick said

Posted By: Matt Cohn-Geier
Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2013, at 9:49 a.m.

In Response To: +1 what Stick said (Taper_Mike)

if we could make the changeover to away scoring, and it became universal, “we’d all be looking back wondering why it was ever any other way.” Probably, you agree.

OK, sure. If, in a parallel universe, it had been a convention for years and everyone were used to it, I doubt that 'normal' scoring would be better than 'away' scoring. But by the same token I don't see why away scoring is better than normal scoring. If I think Esperanto is "better" than English do I suddenly start speaking Esperanto to everyone? Only if I want them to be confused. There's something to be said for convention, especially if that convention is clear and unambiguous.

Tom then goes on to say, “The problem is getting there from here.”

I don't see a problem. I am confused as to why there would be a perception of a problem.

I don't care if you keep away scoring, particularly if you keep the normal score beside it so that it matches my scoresheet. That's fine with me. If you only keep the away score, and it so happens that we have a discrepancy in our scores, then I think that my "normal" scoresheet should get preference. As for scoreboards, I am not particularly in favor of "away" scoreboards, although I suppose I'm not diametrically opposed.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.