[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

These scoresheets ARE an aid and must be ILLEGAL

Posted By: Tom Keith
Date: Friday, 12 July 2013, at 1:02 p.m.

In Response To: These scoresheets ARE an aid and must be ILLEGAL (Phil Simborg)

I have asked several tournament directors if it is okay for me to write down the away score, and so far, no one has prevented me. Now, when my opponent calls out the score at the end of the game and says, "3 to 2", I have often said "Yes, 3away/4away" and I have yet to have an opponent object.

The reason for verifying your score with your opponent at the end of each game is to catch any discrepancy as early as possible -- when it is still easy to rectify. So it is important that this communication be clear.

It is a bad idea for one player to use increasing scoring while the other uses decreasing scoring. An error in communication could lead to a situation several games later where the players discover their score cards don't agree but can't remember what happened. If this happened, I think TD would be justified ruling in favor of the player using increasing scoring because that is the current standard.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.