[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

+1 what Stick said

Posted By: Taper_Mike
Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2013, at 11:01 a.m.

In Response To: +1 what Stick said (Matt Cohn-Geier)

But by the same token I don't see why away scoring is better than normal scoring.

Just take a look at the subject headers in this forum. They almost exclusively use away scoring for match play. The reason is the one you already know. Away scoring describes the real circumstance.

This is an argument I am going to lose. I know that. Arabic numerals are certainly superior to the Roman numbers that preceded them (in Europe), but that does not mean they were adopted immediately upon arrival. By the same token, most of the posters here understand that away scoring is better than traditional scoring, and that is why they use it. Getting the message out to the mainstream is another thing entirely.

How does the maxim go? Only the most creative among us will bring real innovation to the world, but doing so requires swimming against the tide of tradition. It’s a battle one can seldom win. A wise person would not even try. So, as they say, all progress depends on the crazy people who do.

I appreciate your willingness to come halfway. I think you have a good attitude about this. Nevertheless, when you see me next, I expect I will using normal scoring.

Mike

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.