[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Why I care...

Posted By: Taper_Mike
Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2013, at 11:34 a.m.

In Response To: Why I care... (Rod)

When equipment is inferior the director can rule that the other person's equipment must be used.

Right. I think the director should require the optional use of a clearly superior scoresheet that allows optional recording of away scores! And they’re optional. ;-)

I don't want your scoresheet, filled out with more information, to be given more weight in a dispute about score.

Fair enough. That’s why I wrote: “An unofficial score, that has no relevance in the case of dispute, can use away-scoring.”

If you want to transcribe our match from video it will take you a few extra seconds.

My concern is not after-the-fact transcription. It is the in-match requirement to do an admittedly straightforward subtraction everytime I look at the scoresheet. Contemplating checker plays and cube actions is what attracts me to backgammon. It is what is fun and engaging. Tossing in some extra arithmetic by the way the scoresheet is written does not increase my satisfaction.

Does it increase yours?

Mike

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.