[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Axe the ABT? Axe the Giants list? Axe the *World Championships*?

Posted By: Stick
Date: Tuesday, 12 November 2013, at 7:06 a.m.

In Response To: Axe the ABT? Axe the Giants list? Axe the *World Championships*? (Kathy Weiner)

That is a lot to summarize. I expect if this thread gets started you will hear more of the grumblings. A quick overview of the ABT is that the rules are not extensive enough and the current rewarding of ABT points is not the best way to draw people to a backgammon tournament. Something more of a master points system like Bridge has may be the way to go.

A lot of people are disgruntled that the Giants list isn't specific about what one should take into consideration when voting for a Giant with most feeling it should be more about skill as a backgammon player rather than contributions to backgammon for eg. Also, there is nothing that tells us what constitutes an *active* player. If there were criteria perhaps this would also push more of these great players to play live more often so they would qualify for such a list or otherwise be ignored. Who gets to vote and where the majority of voting comes from is often a sore spot too.

As for the World Championships, it would take me too long right now to rant about them so I won't get started. You can either use the search feature on the forums or wait for others to post.

This is a quick post to get Kathy up to speed. The rest of you don't nit-pick this one too much. I'm sure I'll have more to say later that you can.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.