[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Axe the ABT? Axe the Giants list? Axe the *World Championships*?

Posted By: Keene
Date: Tuesday, 12 November 2013, at 10:51 p.m.

In Response To: Axe the ABT? Axe the Giants list? Axe the *World Championships*? (Michael Petch)

When I separate out, and call them clutter, its because they are. Which world federation of BG do you want to say is the dominant one? The ABT is not claiming to be a world organization - unlike the rest of them. I dont know about the EBT, so cannot comment on that. I dont know about BIBA, so cannot comment on that. Although I do know those are the European and British organizations respectively.

I honestly didnt look up the various world bg orgs - I just threw out the acronyms as they occurred to me - I am certain there are more.

So, to say I am separating the US side from the rest isnt true - I dont know of any US based organizations that are claiming a world federation title - thats not necessarily true though - I just dont know.

Besides, I find myself in the uncommon position of being European / Scottish / British, and living in the US. So my comments and perspectives are not actually biased, regardless of how they come across. I made the choice to live and work here in the US, and am pleased to be a part of the US community (of BG players at least). I will be as critical to both US and non-US based organizations equally - where I am qualified to speak at least.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.