[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Axe the ABT? Axe the Giants list? Axe the *World Championships*?

Posted By: Michael Petch
Date: Tuesday, 12 November 2013, at 7:45 p.m.

In Response To: Axe the ABT? Axe the Giants list? Axe the *World Championships*? (Keene)

Keene Wrote: "I dont know about axing the ABT or the Giants List - thats more flexible in my mind, however, I see a definite need for a unified world organization. I forget all the details, but having: WBT, EBT, WBF, etc is just too cluttering. There needs to be an overarching organization that all the country federations are members of, and that provides complete oversight to world Backgammon."

First off you separated ABT in the first sentence from WBT, EBT, WBF. You say you don't know about axing the ABT but you list the rest as clutter. Maybe the ABT is part of the clutter too?

"As for ABT - I like that - its perhaps one of the very few tournament groups that has rules in place and is widely used across the US. Well done Bill Davis - I like that he has achieved so much with it."

Again, you like the ABT and then go onto suggest other organization (presumably all the others listed previously as clutter, and others you didn't mention). You suggest those organizations don't have rules in place. I am sure people like Chiva, Michael Crane, and others who run events and may be part of organizations might argue otherwise.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.