[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

nobody

Posted By: Fender
Date: Tuesday, 12 November 2013, at 1:12 p.m.

In Response To: nobody (Chiva Tafazzoli)

The problem with Backgammon is that nothing is official. Whoever calls it world championship first is the world championship.

There is no way the organizer will drop his world championship name.

It's that way too in a lot of countries with the national championships.

Unless there is something official, things will never be clear in the worldwide backgammon scene. I think it is a good start that there is a Danish backgammon federation, a US Backgammon federation, and now I heard there is a new UK backgammon federation.

How did FIDE in chess ever came to excist? And even there it was weird for a while, when there was a second chess federation and a second chess champion.

Question is also, are players interested in something official. A lot of casual players are now complaining about clocks at tournaments. I am an amateur, and I love clocks, as I think games without clocks are actually weird. Who says you cannot actually think 15 minutes for every move if you want too? Some people want things more official, some want things more casual.

I have always thought Backgammon is a weird game to classify. It's too much gamble to classify it in the category of Chess or Go. It's too much a mind sport to classify it in the category of Poker.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.