[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Why create a system we know is flawed?

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Sunday, 17 November 2013, at 8:01 p.m.

In Response To: Why create a system we know is flawed? (Igor)

Excuse, me, but I think I did offer a constructive counter-proposal. As far as who does it, the first question is what will be done, then a committee or international rating group or a division of the USBGF can be formed to do it.

If you cannot see that my idea is a constructive counter-proposal, I do not think you are being objective.

As for other critiques of Ken's idea, like every idea, people are entitled to voice their thoughts on what they do and don't like about it.

I do like the idea of some kind of international ranking system, but don't believe it is practical or fair to try to pidgeonhole individual players into slots. All of Ken's ideas can be used to put people into categories of play, or levels of play, that are more likely to be reasonable and fair and leave room for variances and lack of data that we will always have.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.