[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Proposed World Ranking System

Posted By: Rod
Date: Monday, 18 November 2013, at 6:19 p.m.

In Response To: Proposed World Ranking System (Keene)

Well, Keene, if I said that I enter every event I misspoke...

I attempt to enter every side event for which I am eligible.

There have been times I have been shut out of events and times when directors will not allow me to enter additional side events because I'm still alive in so many that I'd be likely to hold tournaments up if I entered another. And then there are events like seniors for which I'm not yet eligible.

As one might expect, in non-jackpot side events I have a higher win % rate (65-70%, I believe) than in main and jackpot events (about 60%, I think), due to opponents that are not as strong as in the main and jackpots, on average.

But when considering how they count I think there are many considerations. Whether these considerations are all relevant is up in the air. If side events are considered, performance would obviously be considered. Would sheer number of events be considered? Not that others couldn't play in all the events, essentially playing virtually non-stop... But how does it affect play? Dunno? (But I do know that some people feel that it would overtax them) And I think that that's why a world ranking system is so tough... Some of these things are so ephemeral and touchy-feely that it makes it hard to distill to a single number.

And $play is nowhere to be found...

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.