[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Why create a system we know is flawed?

Posted By: Barry Silliman
Date: Sunday, 17 November 2013, at 8:03 p.m.

In Response To: Why create a system we know is flawed? (Phil Simborg)

Hey Phil, first off, it seems that Ken has highly over-estimated your intelligence by suggesting you're a Republican. Now you can't say you've never been complimented on this site. I guess he hasn't met you in person yet? ;-)

I'll be the first to agree that any computerized system that purports to say Mochy is better than Falafel or vice versa is a fool's errand. I'm not sure that's why Ken is building his system.

I think it is to replace a system where one tournament director says it's alright for Chen-fu Yu to enter ADVANCED, another tournament director says there's no way Chen-fu Yu should be allowed to be in ADVANCED, and where Chen-fu Yu can drive 400 miles to a tournament only to be told once he arrives that he cannot play in ADVANCED, which I think happened this year if my sources are correct.

I can use Chen-fu as an example with no malice aforethought because he is rated #1 on the USBGF backgames.org list (if there are any OPEN players upset that Chen appears #1 on the list, see my recent post 'Who Cares?', get MCG's Who Cares Bear, or even better, get a life) and he is one of my local players. There are other names on the tour that you could substitute in his place.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.