[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

What attracts you to tournaments?

Posted By: Jason Lee
Date: Thursday, 30 May 2013, at 6:57 p.m.

In Response To: What attracts you to tournaments? (Matt Cohn-Geier)

1. Proximity. I'm a bit soured on traveling to tournaments at the moment. I just feel like there's a better way I can spend/invest my money.

2. Good attendance. I don't like going to tournaments where there's just a smattering of people. Part of the attraction is getting to see old friends... with fewer people, that's less likely.

3. Format & clock policy. I'll never again attend an ABT tournament that doesn't require clocks in the Open Main, and there's enough good tournaments out there that do use clocks that this should not impact me in the near term.

4. A well-crafted collection of side events. This is more important to duffers like me that get eliminated early more often than the WC players. I've been to tournaments where the side action wasn't put together well, and I ended up sitting around doing nothing. This sucks, for all parties involved.

JLee

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.