[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

New Rules in LA--What is the verdict?

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2013, at 6:33 a.m.

In Response To: New Rules in LA--What is the verdict? (Bill Riles)

Wow! Bill Riles is against a step backward. That goes against everything you have ever argued politically.

Again, in seriousness, I can't completely disagree with you at all. I think that at least for a while, until we get used to new rules and new wording and interpretations, there will be misunderstandings and disagreements. And the actual wording of this part of the rules might not be how they should end up. It's great to have these debates and challenges and differences in opinions...they will cause people (like me) to take a harder, longer look at how they are written to see if they can be improved to eliminate problems, rather than create them.

But again I ask you to remember that if people are honest, considerate, and reasonable, there will rarely be a conflict or problem. And when there is one, the solution is always quite simple: the director decides how to resolve the problem. The difference between what we have now and what we used to have is that the players and the directors have a lot more clarity on the intent of the rule so that when the TD makes his call, he can usually back it up with more than just "I am the MFIC," but rather with, "You are going to do this because rule 107.b says that is what should be done and I am the MFIC." I have a lot fewer problems with the second answer.

Now, specific to the baffle box and cups rules, I don't care what the rules say, I will NEVER force an opponent to use a baffle box if he objects to it, even if the rules allow me to, SO LONG as he is careful about shaking and rolling properly. I also don't think a TD would force someone to use a box unless there was a good reason to require him to do so.

So if we apply common sense, courtesy, and fair play, do we really have a problem here?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.