[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

The possibility of a tie is why I don't care for round robins

Posted By: sebalotek
Date: Thursday, 22 September 2016, at 1:29 p.m.

In Response To: The possibility of a tie is why I don't care for round robins (Ken Larsen)

KL >> The possibility of a tie is why I don't use round robins at my club. All our tournaments are double elimination.

Thanks for the link Ken.

I messed up in my original post - we actually play a *double* round robin between the four players which makes ties a bit less likely. We play in a league with multiple divisions. I do like (and plan to use) double elimination format for knock-outs though.

On the whole, our players and myself like our existing fixture, scoring and tie-break format. So far, I've had zero complaints. It works well for small divisions with relatively quick seasons incorporating promotion and relegation. It's fairly similar to the FIBSleague setup. I'm pretty confident that after a few short seasons the better players will rise, and the less skilled will drop.

I was just wondering if there was a tie-break criterion that was both simple and substantially better than what we already use that I should be considering.

Maybe I will suggest implementing a FIBS-like tiebreak system to our hosting service - but it sounds quite a bit more complicated to work out - http://flg.fibs.com/rules.htm#DLRR

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.