[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

What is the best (fairest and most efficient) way to tie-break 4 player round robins?

Posted By: sebalotek
Date: Sunday, 2 October 2016, at 9:52 p.m.

In Response To: What is the best (fairest and most efficient) way to tie-break 4 player round robins? (Bob Koca)

BK >> Instead of a round robin do the following.

A plays B and C plays D. Winners play each other and losers play each other. You then have one player at 2-0 who wins the group and one at 0-2 who loses group. If you need to break the 2nd 3rd place tie have the two 1-1 players play each other.

------

I like the idea, but I think reducing the number of matches per player per season from 6 down to 2 will increase the luck factor i.e. if one has one of those horrible periods of getting 'Go to Bed' luck / inversely 'Go to Vegas' luck.

Also the 2-match season length would seem too short to me and probably others.

Having said that I think your suggestion would be good for a play-off tie-break format if time conveniently did allow for the completion of some additional matches.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.