[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Why does every tournament have to be the same?

Posted By: Art Grater
Date: Monday, 3 March 2014, at 7:06 p.m.

In Response To: Why does every tournament have to be the same? (phil simborg)

I think it's obvious that some rules need to be standardized and others don't need that. E.g., tournament format (single elimination, Swiss, etc). That may be confusing to some new players, but I'd hate to see the same format over and over and over again at every tournament in the name of standardization.

As to LM and NLM, let's look at this as NMH and MH (No Moral Hazard vs Moral Hazard). Do you really want to remove MH from BG? Suppose you win a tournament and I approach you to let you know that I really couldn't afford to lose my entry. Will you return my fee because it's not sportsmanlike to burden me and my wife and Poodle? How about my airfare and hotel bills? Someone has to cover my MH, whether it's you or the TD or me. You choose.

Since your heart is as big as your wallet, it wouldn't surprise me if you covered my MH. But what happens at the NEXT tournament when you win again and I let you know -- again -- that I really can't afford to lose? Maybe you weren't really doing me and my family a favor by assuming my MH the first time around.

With respect to majority wishes, did you object to LM tournaments when the majority favored NLM? If the tide shifts back to MH, will you then want every tournament to revert to NLM? And what if the majority of players in my match (my opp and I) prefer NLM? The minority of players in my match should not be able to dictate our play. At most, tournaments should be LM Preferred.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.