[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Sorry, but you are wrong

Posted By: phil simborg
Date: Tuesday, 4 March 2014, at 3:38 a.m.

In Response To: I love choices (Art Grater)

Every one of the choices you listed is only a choice that players can make if it is condoned by the tournament director or the rules specifically, or does not break any rule specifically.

The rules do not specify the size of the board, so you have a choice. The rules do specify that the score must be written by both players, so if you choose to use the scoreboard and don't write down the score, and there is a question about the score, the player with the written score will be honored. In otherwords, not following the rules can be penalized. As for baffle boxes and rollers, they are only allowed if the TD allows them, and the same is true for matches played on a computer. At most major tournaments I am not allowed to play matches in the main events on the computer, but most tournament directors don't mind if it is a side event or last chance etc., but even then, I will not do it without permission.

There is NOTHING you can do in a tournament simply because the two players agree, unless it is allowed under the rules or has been approved by the TD. And I think that is proper, and I have yet to hear a good argument to the contrary.

Yes, you can move the checkers with either hand. The rules do not forbid this. But the two players cannot agree to move the checkers with both hands, as this is against the rules.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.