[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Good Question!

Posted By: mfic
Date: Thursday, 13 March 2014, at 10:50 p.m.

In Response To: Good Question! (Igor)

Each director of a backgammon tournament is wholly responsible for not only the rules that s/he opts to use, but many other specifics for their tournament. The TD is on the line for the financial success (or not) of event ---hopefully in the black and making a little profit, but certainly trying not to be in the RED.

Our tournaments are rarely "sponsored", so the costs are all ours. Their is NOT a dictatorship that determines RULES, Match Lengths, format, hours of play, venue location & options (and large costs), etc.

It would be nice to have an agreed upon set of "tournament rules & procedures" that are consistent across all the ABT events (19-20 events and their directors). And I think that even with an "agreed to" set, each tournament director should always have the option to modify/alter any specific rule to be used at his/her event; along with, of course, the announcement of those exceptions s/he as chosen.

As for Bill's events (local club and CSI), he should not be lambasted because he opts for NLM's vs (our perceived) LM's "majority". That should always be his option. He has never dictated to any of us ABT directors about RULES, formats, etc. I believe in LM's but do not impose my belief onto Bill, only onto my event players. And when my players provide feedback, I consider making changes (and have done so in the past).

__________patrick (TD and Gammon Associates "MFIC")

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.