[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

I love choices

Posted By: Art Grater
Date: Tuesday, 4 March 2014, at 1:41 a.m.

In Response To: I love choices (phil simborg)

In fact we DO give people choices at tournaments without consulting the TD, so long as both players agree. You can use dice cups. You can use a dice tube. You can even go so far as to use a baffle box.

You can use precision dice. You can use ordinary dice. You can play from left to right or right to left. You can play with a big board or a small one. You can have a transcriber. You can use a score board, or the official score pad, or a scrap of paper. I recently played a 5-point match where we kept score with a pair of dice turned to the score. Who cares about any of this besides the players?

Last year in San Antonio, you asked me if I would play using XG and I readily agreed. That's another choice. Why should the TD or anyone else care if we used a board or XG? If a spectator objected, should we have used a board? Of course not. But if the TD had objected, of course. I'm curious as to whether you seek the TD's permission to play using XG. To me that seems like a waste of his or her time.

As to the Florida situation, the vicious reaction is the responsibility of the people who made them, not the responsibility of NLM rules. (I'll add that you honorably defended Herb, despite your disagreement with NLM.) I'm skeptical LM is less complicated than NLM. With NLM, you don't have to read your opponent's mind. With LM, you do.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.