[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Did someone mention Herb Gurland?

Posted By: Art Grater
Date: Tuesday, 4 March 2014, at 9:09 p.m.

In Response To: Did someone mention Herb Gurland? (phil simborg)

I'll tell you how I usually handle being fast rolled. I politely object the first time. If I can, I physically block the dice before they settle. If I'm in a really good mood, I might block and object a second time.

But after my position is made clear, then my opponent suffers the moral hazard of fast rolling, whether done intentionally or by lack of skill. But it's almost never necessary to invoke that. And of course it's moot with a clock, which is one of the reasons I'm a clock convert.

This also goes for anyone besides me entering me from the bar! Don't enter me from the bar! I know how to do that! I'll even try to enter it on the right point, LOL!

Back to fast rolls and other such practices, the obvious unsportsmanship would be condoning it thoughout the match and then objecting on a late-stage crucial roll. Then you lose the ethical right to object.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.