[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

I object

Posted By: phil simborg
Date: Tuesday, 4 March 2014, at 3:44 a.m.

In Response To: I object (Art Grater)

What I mean is that once the rules of the tournament are established, those rules should not be changed during the event unless there is a compelling reasons to do so. So if NLM is the rule, I think it should be the rule; and if the rules get changed to LM as the tournament rule, it should stay that way for the tournament. It should not be changed by the players or the TD unless there are compelling reasons.

Example: the TD should change the clock rule for someone who has physical problems with the clock. The TD should allow novices, if he so chooses, to use pencil and paper to help with their calculations. The TD should allow a match to be played to a shorter time if it is in the best, overall interest of the tournament and schedule. The TD should allow someone to help a player read the dice if he has visual problems. Only compelling reasons, otherwise stick with the rules of the game as originally set, and as much as possible, have everyone in the same division playing by the same basic rules of the game.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.