[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Watch out for the social animals!

Posted By: Taper_Mike
Date: Tuesday, 4 March 2014, at 3:23 p.m.

In Response To: Did someone mention Herb Gurland? (phil simborg)

Welcome to the world! Beware, the social animals who live here are really mean. Being ostracized is no fun.

I don’t know how I can be more plain than that, but let me try.

By dint of bad fortune, Herb Gurland has become the poster child for this issue. Whether it is fair or not, Herb is being judged. No matter whether it is right or wrong, a large part of the backgammon community is offended by Herb’s actions. Rightly or wrongly, feelings are being hurt. Like it or not, reputations are being harmed, and relationships are being damaged.

You can cry all day long that it is not fair, but that won’t change a thing.

If Herb is OK with what’s happening, he should continue doing what he is doing. But if Herb decides that he would rather not suffer the consequences, he may opt to change his behavior. Right or wrong, that is the choice the social animals we call peers are forcing on him.

So don’t be surprised if the next time you see him, Herb asks if you want to play legal moves. I won’t be.

Mike

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.