[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Sorry, but you are wrong

Posted By: phil simborg
Date: Tuesday, 4 March 2014, at 2:42 p.m.

In Response To: Sorry, but you are wrong (Art Grater)

Why is it so hard to understand that it is not a fair and proper competition to allow to players to change the tournament rules just because they don't like them?

It is wrong! Even if both players agree. Everyone should be playing by the formal tournament rules.

If the formal tournament rules give you options (like using a baffle box or not, a smaller board or a bigger board) that's fine.

But major rules of play should not be left to the players to decide. It is not fair and it leads to confusion and disagreements and problems all around.

I enjoy freedom of choice as much as anyone, but I believe if you enter an event you must agree to live by those rules if you respect the event, your fellow participants, and the tournament director.

I very much disagree with NLM and have for years. I have not been able to get my good friend, Bill Davis, to budge on this issue. I doubt he will ever agree. But I respect him and his right to make rules and I live by his rules when I play at his club and his tournaments. And this is far from the only rule I don't like, but I am not about to confuse the issue by discussing the other ones here.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.